Friday, January 3, 2014

Back to life.

I stopped posting on this blog nearly three years ago, when my personal website died (see last from 2011 below), and I was planning a return to Seattle.

Fast forward to 2014, now a year after having left Seattle (again--short story: going back didn't work out in any demonstrable way). I returned to Toledo last January to pick up my unfinished academic threads, and am so glad I did. My old website's still dead, but I have found a vital new outlet in working with the incarcerated, which has been something I have attempted to pursue since (re)entering school in 2007.

I may start another blog soon to discuss the rewarding work I do with the inmates (I currently teach acting, and hope to soon be teaching philosophy as part of the Inside-Out program). I think a discrete blog from this one is probably best for that, and I will post here when/if I set that up. However, in the meantime, take a look at the other blog I have just started, Pell Grant Writing Initiative, which is an effort that is shared by myself and prisoners at Toledo Correctional Institution. Only one post is currently up, but look for much, much more to come in the future.

Happy New Year! ~Sasha

No comments: