Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I never post anymore.

I'm sorry, Commentary from The Realm of Alexandra. Grad school and the egoistic stroke of immediate response on Facebook has lured me away, but I promise new and better things, soon. After all, I have been engaging with you for nearly 15 years now, or 10, if you only count maintenance of my very own website, which now seems a relic in the face of the straight-to-the-vein experience of social networking (an interface in which everyone and their Grandma now seems to be engaging). Part of me wants to simply let you go, like some old boat drifting quietly away, but I know I cannot, because your virtual skiff carries the futile hope of change, of transformation (either of myself or others; I've never been able to work that out). I know this is an illusion, but Maya is lookin' good these days. So, until then, a Halloween wish--two versions (of course!): one featuring only various versions of myself, and another with me, my cats, and Sigmund Freud!

Until another meaningful engagement, I give you the best of my HUBRIS.

Sasha with an X

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!


Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

2 comments:

Steven said...

I was wondering why you hadn't been posting. I have to say that I know all about mainlining Facebook since I have become hopelessly addicted to it. I occassionally post pictures there but I still post more to flickr.

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Hey Steven--nice to hear from you. I don't post many photos to Facebook, because they're too easy to snatch. Also, I haven't posted much at all to Flickr in the last year, since I've been so busy. I still have hundreds of photos of Scotland left to upload; I hope to get to that over X-Mas break!